Not only is lemon water refreshing and revitalizing, but drinking at least one glass of warm water with lemon a day can give significant health benefits.
- Lemon water boosts your immune system. One of the first things to plummet when stress hits is your vitamin C. Lemon water is loaded with plenty of vitamin C, potassium, calcium, iron and magnesium to help support a healthy immune system, even in times of stress. The high levels of potassium also support good heart, brain and nerve function in the body.
- Lemon water encourages healthy digestion. Drinking lemon water helps enhance enzyme functions stimulated by your liver. These enzymes then help your body release and lose toxins in your digestive tract.
- Lemon water is good for your skin. By detoxifying your blood, lemon water also helps maintain skin’s radiance and keep you blemish-free.
- Lemon water helps fight cravings. Lemon contains pectin fiber which assists in reducing hunger cravings throughout the day.
- Lemon water helps decrease the acidity in your body. If you drink lemon water on a constant basis, it will decrease the acidity in your body. High acidity in the body is related to instance of disease or sickness. Even though lemons are acidic, once digested they become alkaline in nature. It also removes uric acid in your joints, which is one of the main causes of inflammation.
- Lemon water is good for your mouth. It freshens your breath, relieves toothaches and gingivitis. Be careful, though. Because it contains citrus acid if lemons are eaten can erode tooth enamel, so be sure to dilute in warm water.
Now go enjoy your new secret weapon! If you are interested in acupuncture treatments for digestion or more information, feel free to contact me.